There was a time not long ago when wired devices were your only choice when installing a home security system. Forget placing a and indoor camera on a desk or governing your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless technology. You now have an array of extra benefits to experience -- like online access to your system, seamless smart devices, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Des Moines will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider When Going Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems need a stable Wi-Fi and internet connection to operate in a proper fashion. If you have access to fast internet and a decent wireless router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about power or internet outages, explore options that have battery and cellular backups at hand to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists without interruption.
When you live in a rural setting without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will likely be better. Or It might also make more sense from a monetary perspective to go a wired approach if you live in a home that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Des Moines will elevate your family’s protection, which is the main goal in the first place. However, if you like the possibility of using the most current tech, check out the following benefits of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to all the devices in your home from your locking systems to your thermostat right from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view footage from cameras, activate your lights, and even activate your alarm system if you neglected to do so. When an intrusion or emergency does occur, you can have alerts sent right to your mobile device.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and long installations. The great thing about wireless components is that you may place them practically wherever you want and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to customize sometime in the future with other equipment, integrating devices into your configuration is not complicated.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a reality with quick, two-way communications. Program your devices to take action in certain scenarios to enhance your protection and dissuade break-ins. For instance, if your exterior video camera discerns suspicious movement on your property, it may signal your entryway lights to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Des Moines
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Des Moines are known to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. Here are a handful of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements could run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors generally need to be arranged within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to boost your versatility.
- Comparable to other computer networks, the fear of hacking persists. You can take steps to minimize the chance of this happening by creating secure passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only use security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Would you like to experience the benefits of the latest in Des Moines wireless home security? Call (515) 212-6493 to talk to the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the perfect package for your property.