Home security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a display that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come equipped with a number of features all designed to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Des Moines.
How To Set Up Your Des Moines Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your video surveillance in the ideal points around your home is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great idea to have a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your front door, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that aren’t quite as vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity can hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the beginning in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Des Moines. The features described below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your phone the instant unusual movement is detected. You can also set cameras to begin recording when motions are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your video surveillance to film and save clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with guests via the device. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive view of any space. Look for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant notifications when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Des Moines is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (515) 212-6493 or complete the form below to get started building your security system today.