How Does Geofencing In Des Moines Enhance Home Security?
Today's home security installations are getting more capable every year. Even so, you may still forget to do easy security duties like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these tasks in the future? When you implement geofencing in Des Moines, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Des Moines For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you may customize within your smartphone app. The technology then uses your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to share information with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can set up specific boundaries on all sides of your property and designate what actions you want to take place as you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you exit your property, you could program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the devices you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Des Moines. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at predetermined times. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system notices strange movements outside.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Des Moines
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (515) 212-6493 or submit the form below to get started on your optimal security system.