If you’re similar to a lot of property owners, you need your property to be safeguarded all the time. but, does a home security system work in Des Moines?
The easy answer: affirmative. But you have to have the best devices to get the most from your system. Not only can the sensors and alarms bring excellent security, the modern components offer a level of responsiveness and control you could not have thought possible. By using automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a mobile app, you can have a secure smart home.
Let's pause a moment to learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best recommendation for your house.
Necessary Home Security Components
In order to ensure your Des Moines home security system works to its potential, you need these essential security features:
- Window and door sensors: You may find this unusual, but many burglars come into your house through your front door. The other most common targets are backyard doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are considered the foundation of your security system. When the security system is live and your door sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be pinged.
- Touchscreen command center: Gone are the hard-to-work code pads, as modern smart screens now run your entire system. These hubs can also manage your automation, home security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best home security system allow you manage every segment of your security system through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you have the option to get an instant notification to your mobile device. Also, disarm and arm your entryway alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- ADT decals and yard signs: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, these can alert an aspirational thief that your house is protected.
But Can A Alarm System Decrease Your Risk Of A Burglary?
While it may feel like an exaggeration to install alarms and set-up a smartphone app when you already use door locks and reside in a safe area, studies support the notion that a security system can help secure your property. For example, a paper out of Rutger University concludes that most thieves will actively stay away from homes with a security system installed. They will then opt to break-into a better mark that is unprotected.
That meshes with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized houses don’t use a security system. With numbers, they are 300% more likely to be burglarized than properties that are protected. And while just displaying that your home is protected helps dissuade forceful entry, other things -- like smart lights and doorbell cameras -- can also improve your security.
Of course, modern home security can perform more than sound an siren. Now you have some other components and services that make a home security system safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup To Your Alarms
Does a security system work in Des Moines when they don’t have 24/7 monitoring? Having a constant vigilance is always the winning bet and 24/7 monitoring from security agents can ensure the authorities get there faster after a triggered alarm.
Monitoring professionals can watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are home or not. If you’re don’t hear an alarm, your agent will get a hold of you and the proper emergency service after a tripped component. Even if you’re still at home, you will be busy making sure kids and animal are all wrangled up.
Get The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you get your home security system, you have the option to get more than motion detectors. equipment like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be added to your complete system. If an emergency is sensed, your sensors will respond just like your security alarms. Then when the loud signal rings, your 24/7 monitoring experts are pinged, and an alert will show up on your mobile device.
There’s even a panic button, which can be effortlessly pinned to you or a loved one through a neck pendant, wrist band, or shirt clip. If there is a fall risk or a medical risk, they can employ a two-finger button to contact emergency services.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
The best automation alarms and cameras give you a tier of management and convenience you’ve never seen before. They will make your home more energy-savvy and intelligent. And when you connect smart devices to your home security, they will also make your home more secure. For example:
- Program your smart lighting on a set schedule to make it appear like your house is inhabited when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart lighting illuminate when a outdoor camera senses sudden motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to lock your smart locks, flip off your living room lights, and turn down the smart thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Make personalized scenes so you can pre-set your lighting, thermostat, sensors, and other equipment with one hit of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your alarms and cameras and set your components through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through home automation, and you’ll realize how much you can use a modern home security system in Des Moines. You can even control your devices with voice commands when you link your security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Maintain A View On Your Home With Modern Video Surveillance
Security signage and outside lights are great burglary deterrents, but smart cameras can take your security to a better place. The worst thing a burglar is looking for is to be caught on camera as the clip could be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to see what’s the commotion you heard in the back yard? Would you need to check on the kids after school? Has a package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you need to do is to get the feed from your ADT Control app. You might also receive notifications on your smartphone whenever a visitor rings the doorbell or the camera detects unusual motion. Then chat with who’s there with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Get Your Security System In Des Moines?
Are you looking for help in customizing a security system that works in Des Moines? Our security agents can custom-build the best alarms, automation, and cameras that can be incorporated into one comprehensive package. Call today at (515) 212-6493 or fill out the form below.