What do you want in a baby monitor in Des Moines?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You place a component with a microphone on a table next to your child’s bed, which sends audio signals to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, many monitors now have HD video and 2-way communication. You can also connect many monitors to your wireless network so you are able to move around all over the house. The top baby monitors in Des Moines are so advanced that they mimic inside surveillance in both capabilities and expense.
Would you swap out a baby monitor for an integrated surveillance system?
Knowing that baby monitors and surveillance systems share similar capabilities, there are many people in Des Moines connecting their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. This approach is beneficial -- specifically if you’re upgrading to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will include:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your security camera should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for night vision.
● Two-way talk: Sometimes, you don't need to go into the room to soothe your newborn back to sleep. Your calming voice might be all you need to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Motion activation: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system function around the clock to watch your baby sleep, your attention may start to lag. Conversely, if your security camera identifies unusual activity, then you can get a text alert to your smartphone. Perfect if your child soundlessly scales up the crib or if a pet sneaks into the space.
● Save and send recordings: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save video footage. Now you have the ability to transmit a short segment to friends or family members to let them see what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: Instead of having to lug an external monitor around, you can supervise your little one from your smart home mobile app. You can even touch base with your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a night out.